1. Involving carers

Posted by Online support team at Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:35 am

Hello everybody,

On Thursday 25th October, from 7.00-8.00pm in our chatroom, our guest will be Beryl Cross, our new Director of Carers Services for Carers Trust.
    She would like to talk to you all about your experiences of getting involved in influencing the work of local or national carers organisations or local or national health or social care services.
    Part of Beryl’s job is to work with carers and Carers Trust to provide more opportunities for carers to get involved in what we do. She’d really like to hear from you about what you think works and what doesn’t in terms of influencing the work of organisations so they work better with and for carers.
    In case you're not able to come to the chat or would like to think about things ahead of the chat here are a few of the things Beryl would like to ask you about:
    Are you or have you been involved in a group or forum that’s given you a say in how services are provided? E.g. a local carers group that has meet with health or social care planners and providers?
    What do you think Carers Trust should be doing to better support carers in getting their say in the work we do?
    Would you like to be involved more in what we do on line for example: blogs, writing conten, running chats?

We're really looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
    Online support team

2. Re: Involving carers

Posted by onmybiketoo at Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:58 pm

wish i had not missed this. I would have said that sometimes we need more than just a sounding board. We need legal type help to get what we are entitled too, advocacy etc. For example we are being messed about again by the non provision of #CHC by the NHS. They are saying too expensive to care for hubby in his own home, kind of threatening me with taking my hubby away or leaving me no choice but to continuing doing the impossible. How can this be legal ? I ask myself. Surely I should be allowed to go back to work knowing Hubby is cared for appropriately in our home.

http://onmybiketoo.blogspot.co.uk
Jump to