1. Soundtrack to your life

Posted by Sam carers.org at Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:26 pm

Well, I don't know if any of you watched it last night but the Olympics closing ceremony was full of the great and the good, the old and the new and the downright eccentric of British music.
    As I was watching it in my house my mum was texting me from where she lives with a running commentary of what songs brought back what memories for her (The Who being particular favourites I think!).

For me, it was Fatboy Slim in his giant inflatable octopus that reminded me of my more hedonistic, free of responsibility days and that definitely put a smile on my face :D

What songs would always be guaranteed to get you dancing around your kitchen or turning up the radio for a good old sing along? :lol:

Sam

2. Re: Soundtrack to your life

Posted by swissmiss at Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:31 pm

Mainly music from the disco era of the 1970s...happy days! Last night I thought Bowie was coming on...huge disappointment..The Spice Girls were no substitute. Suppose we had to repay David for winning us the Olympics? The Jam would have been great given the London theme.."Going Underground!"? Especially as Bradley Wiggins is such a "mod"! I am watching all the 70s Top of the Pops reruns and keep telling angus "they dont make them like they used to do"!! Sounds familiar.....getting old...but genuinely the 70s were great apart from the power cuts and the fact I spent 5 years locked away in a convent! Fave albums of all time...Carol King Tapestry, Hall & Oates Abandoned Luncheonette, Elton Yellow Brick Road and anything by Bowie..but for feeling happy it has to be Motown!!!
    Karen :-)

3. Re: Soundtrack to your life

Posted by lynba2 at Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:21 pm

yea karen im with you motown it has to be :D going ice skating to all the old greats also my kids go mad at me now because if im playing music it has to be the old reggae they tell me to turn it down not the other way round lol :lol::lol::lol::lol:

4. Re: Soundtrack to your life

Posted by swissmiss at Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:39 pm

I like Reggae these days...comforting lyrics and relaxing music! Anything but Heavy Metal or Country and Western or {C}Rap or any good song murdered on the Pan Pipes!!!!! :D:D:D

5. Re: Soundtrack to your life

Posted by Sam carers.org at Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:35 am

Wow, never knew there were so many closet reggae fans on carers.org!
    And Karen, genius idea re The Jam at the closing ceremony - you're absolutely right :D

Sam
    Online support team

6. Re: Soundtrack to your life

Posted by swissmiss at Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:05 pm

Not so much genius...I watched a lovely programme with Jules Holland about the history of music in London around the time of the Jubilee!! :-)

7. Re: Soundtrack to your life

Posted by swissmiss at Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:06 pm

Mmmm, reggae...perhaps we're all talking Pot as well to get through!?! ROFL

8. Re: Soundtrack to your life

Posted by lynba2 at Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:18 am

whats pot never heard of it rofl sssshhhhhh xxxx

9. Re: Soundtrack to your life

Posted by suejane at Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:15 pm

Well i loved the Beatles The Who Searchers Adam Faith etc nowadays i love Elgar an Rachmaninoff and most classical pieces nothing too heavy though. xx :)
Jump to