1. sleep, what's that?

Posted by Guest at Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:39 pm

I haven't slept for days and I mean days .... I'm one million percent exhausted but can't switch off. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to help yourself sleep or at least "rest"

x

2. Re: sleep, what's that?

Posted by Kat_C at Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:29 am

Hi Dannie I've had trouble sleeping before and i found reading a book in bed a good way to relax and get to sleep and a hot bath hope this helps you
    Kat

3. Re: sleep, what's that?

Posted by Online support team at Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:34 am

Hi Dannie,

It's awful when you just can't shut down, right?

Here are a few tips from the NHS Choices site: http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Insomnia/P ... ntion.aspx - I hope at least one of them helps.

Take care Dannie, and I wish you hours of the deepest, soundest sleep soon.

Claudia,

Online support team,
    Carers.org

4. Re: sleep, what's that?

Posted by Guest at Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:25 pm

Kat, I know books do help some people go to sleep but when I try and do that I find the books to interesting and stay up later on purpose to see what happens .... must learn not to pick up interesting books (Y)

Thanks Claudia (Y)

x

5. Re: sleep, what's that?

Posted by jaye2080 at Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:28 pm

hi dannie,
    I was having trouble getting off to sleep, but i was also drinking way to much coffee. I found that as soon as I cut down my coffee intake, and certainly none after mid afternoon, i was falling to sleep easier at night. I noticed the difference on the very first night. Coca cola etc would have the same effect.

6. Re: sleep, what's that?

Posted by Guest at Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:31 am

I am beyond exhaustion now, I would die for some sleep .. even an hour or so would be great!

I have to be at work in 5 hours. Tomorrow will be fun with my 7 hyper active 1 - 2 year olds!

Jaye I normally take a can of coke to bed with me (N) ... Maybe thats a place were I go wrong!

x

7. Re: sleep, what's that?

Posted by Kat_C at Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:34 am

Dannie I've joined ya in that club today, I'm still wide awake. Hope you manage to sort your sleep out, I'm ok as don't have to get up for work atm.
    Kat

8. Re: sleep, what's that?

Posted by Guest at Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:41 am

bein unable to sleep is rubbish isn't it kat! I'm going to my doctors next week and.not leaving until I get sleeping tablets!

9. Re: sleep, what's that?

Posted by Kat_C at Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:50 am

I don't blame you Dannie. I've had them in the past and they work brilliantly.
    I'm not to bothered about still being awake tonight coz I'm talking to a lad I've been with before sort of didn't really go anywhere coz of his ex wife, by the sounds of it he wants to give it another go, he knows how i feel, its been such a laugh just talking to him again

10. Re: sleep, what's that?

Posted by Kat_C at Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:49 am

I got to sleep just after 4am. am going to be very grouchy today 4 hours sleep not good

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to