1. Dispatches [Ch.4] / Panorama [BBC2] - Benefits

Posted by bagheera at Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:56 pm

I really expected the Chatroom to be full of VERY angry people tonight after these two programmes were transmitted with almost identical content: where is everyone?

Important decisions arebein taken behind or backs and over our heads,and the real Villains aren't even a UK firm: our cowardly Con-Dem coalition has hired a FRENCH firm to do their dirty work, and we all know how far the French can be trusted .. NOT!

Both programmes should be available on one of the "replay" channels [eg. BBC iPlayer] I suggest we all watch one or both (they're 30 mins each) and organise a FORUM asap, later this week?????

2. Re: Dispatches [Ch.4] / Panorama [BBC2] - Benefits

Posted by bagheera at Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:43 pm

Hey, folks! Has anybody read my Rant???
    I'mlistening to my local radio (BBC Radio Merseyside) and this is the ONLY topic on Roger Phillips' Lunchtime Phonein!!
    Available (Tues 31 July 12:00 onwards) on BBC iPlayer for the next 7 days ... we need to set up a Forum and plan some ACTION!!! :o:shock::evil::twisted:

3. Re: Dispatches [Ch.4] / Panorama [BBC2] - Benefits

Posted by swissmiss at Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:53 pm

Battle fatigue I think! We have tried action campaigns in the past which have failed. My view is that you have to stick to your guns and fight your own corner as i am at the moment. You cannot change the world but you can make a difference for yourself. As far as ATOS..that French firm goes...they dont know what to do when you say "No" to their demands I have found. If you feel their demands are unjust..tell them..the French are not known for their ability to think on their feet and when the situation goes off plan they struggle. My eldest refused point blank to attend and have to justify to them why he is on DLA and IB for a lifelong diagnosed disability which wont go away and they said."OK"...we'll leave you alone for now! :roll:

4. Re: Dispatches [Ch.4] / Panorama [BBC2] - Benefits

Posted by Online support team at Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:01 pm

Hi there,

We can see how these programmes will have raised important issues affecting many carers; we're sure you'll receive more responses soon. Just a gentle reminder though: can we keep the generalisations about foreigners to a minimum please? We do have rules about this and want to ensure that the discussion boards are a safe, friendly place where everyone feels welcome.

Online support team

5. Re: Dispatches [Ch.4] / Panorama [BBC2] - Benefits

Posted by bagheera at Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:04 pm

:oops: Support team ;):roll:
    Sorry, not my intention to tread on any toes, but in my own defence we've had 'problems' with our closest neighbours throughout history ....

We can all individually write to our own MPs, I guess, but I think a Forum and an 'official' Statement from a recognised 'body' such as Carers.org would have a significant IMPACT ...

6. Re: Dispatches [Ch.4] / Panorama [BBC2] - Benefits

Posted by swissmiss at Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:29 pm

ROFL :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Don't mention the Germans anyone!!!! I suppose I was remembering when I dealt with French suppliers for our shop in the 90s...whenever anything went wrong like the garment you ordered not actually being the one they sent or the whole order disappearing for weeks en route they simply shrugged their shoulders and had no answer or interest in finding one. I thought that was a well known national characteristic but of course there are exceptions to every rule!!! Personally I find it is these little humourous observations that keep me sane in what has become a PC but non-caring world! I guess it is why Dad's Army is still so popular too??? It strengthens you to fight back a little with some irreverence and rebellion in your soul?! :lol:
Jump to