1. Bad bad week

Posted by jaye2080 at Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:59 am

the weathers been awful, and that doesn't help.
    But you know things are really bad when even your gadgets turn against you,
    So far this week, i've not been able to post on here (yes i did report it), my tv doesn't want to play nicely, the microwave wont microwave, and now my digital camera has gone on strike, probably packed in on me.
    Is something trying to tell me something do you think?!! :x:x

2. Re: Bad bad week

Posted by swissmiss at Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:42 am

Perhaps the bad weather's got to all of them??? Strange coincidence them all going wrong!! Hope next week they all fix themselves. xx

3. Re: Bad bad week

Posted by jaye2080 at Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:22 pm

It's not so much coincidence karen, as a bad case of static electricity. For some reason i have times when static builds up and all sorts of odd things happen. My worst week was when i blew the shower fuse, the iron, kettle and tv. When shops first introduced those alarms at the door i would set them off every time - most embarrassing!!!!! and tills have a habit of not working when i'm at the front of the queue. oh yes, then there's the hoover tube, it's made of plastic but still gives me a belt everytime it touches me, and freezer shops are a no no since i got thrown across the floor (but to be fair that was my fault, i'd walked along the isles with my hand poised over the freezers ready to open one, and wham- straight through my thumb) no-no's also include cling film, rolls of plastic bags and anything nylon! TV screens are not nice with me, one quick wipe over and again i go across the floor - told my husband to clean it once, which he did then he immediately gave me a quick kiss and i was across the floor again :oops:

If only i could capture it and use it for good things eh! :lol:

4. Re: Bad bad week

Posted by swissmiss at Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:51 pm

Perhaps you need a human lightening conductor!!!! Ah, I might have found just the thing....http://www.amazon.co.uk/Static-Adjustab ... B005M1Y6KM
    What do you think???? Alternatively increasing the humidity in your home and keep touching a water tap!!!
    Hope that helps???
    Karen :-)

5. Re: Bad bad week

Posted by Coogybear at Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:43 am

Jaye,
    You might try an Air ioniser specifically one called an ESD ioniser (balanced ion generator) used to neutralise static charge. I'm not sure where you can purchase one, but I'm sure wikipedia will tell you how they work.
    Coogy xx :D
Jump to