1. Free basic IT and Internet skills training

Posted by willroby at Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:58 pm

I have been given a small amount of money to run a pilot project, to March '13, to allow carers, mainly in north Liverpool's areas of worst multiple deprivation, free access to basic IT and Internet skills training. I'm working with Liverpool Carers Centre so if you are connected there you will be notified. Otherwise e-mail me, if you can, will.roby@edt.org.uk or call 01512030213 and leave your name and a contact number.

2. Re: Free basic IT and Internet skills training

Posted by ena1 at Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:12 pm

Wouldn't anybody logged onto the site, reading this or replying to it or capable of sending an email already have basic internet skills?

3. Re: Free basic IT and Internet skills training

Posted by willroby at Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:48 am

True and that is whay, if you read my original message, you will see that i have entered 'if you can' and included a phone number.

Aside from this, it is always possible that readers may know a carer who is not IT literate and may be interested in learning.

[**Edited by the Online support team**]

4. Re: Free basic IT and Internet skills training

Posted by swissmiss at Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:42 pm

Good point Ena! I'd love to know what the Online Team edited out of the reply!? :lol:

5. Re: Free basic IT and Internet skills training

Posted by ena1 at Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:06 pm

The editing was along the lines of him calling me sarcastic. ME, NEVER :o

6. Re: Free basic IT and Internet skills training

Posted by wendy_m at Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:25 pm

Great stuff Will :D
    Age UK also have similar schemes across the UK.
    For over three years we have campaigned to get carers on the internet with a free recycled laptop and have successfully got well over 100 carers on line.
    Maybe you could pass this on, because we are always in need of laptops, there are never enough to cope with the need to help carers with their feelings of isolation.
    http://www.computers4carers.co.uk/
    I will let our members know who live in Liverpool area. Keep up the good work.

Wendy

7. Re: Free basic IT and Internet skills training

Posted by swissmiss at Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:19 pm

Oh, I thought you were being helpful Ena! ;) It is a good idea as the Internet keeps me sane mostly. :)
Jump to