1. How do I argue with a naff community care assessment?

Posted by reinvented at Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:14 pm

Please Help me

Filled in assessment form for my autistic son. The assessor has literally asked my son one or two questions and changed the ratings on all my answers. Just telling me my comments will be recorded but report will not be changed. What to do?

2. Re: How do I argue with a naff community care assessment?

Posted by marie66 at Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:56 pm

If you can, collect supporting information from other agencies, school/colleges, GP, nurse and hospital consultant or learning manager if appropriate - the more info you can collect that supports his needs and yours!, the better!

Next, write to the department manager, always state you appreciate the workers comments (no ned to overly antagonise...yet!) but need to arrange a meeting with the manager for further discussion and possible reveiw of all the relevant info.

Seek out your local councillor - there's always a councillor with a social services remit but you need to contact them through your own one and he'll know exactly who to contact on your behalf!

Be prepare to fight your corner, the better your supporting evidence the easier the fight will be. Be prepared to appeal to a higher level and lastly get everything and I mean EVERYTHING! in writing (emails are usually quick and easily printed off when needed!).

Good luck!
    Marie x

3. Re: How do I argue with a naff community care assessment?

Posted by reinvented at Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:09 pm

Thank you Marie - very helpful.X
Jump to