Go to page Previous   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 76  Next

1. Re: Anyone ben accussed of benefit fraud relating to Carers Allowance?

Posted by Flowerpower at Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:47 am

Sarah - sounds like Justanothercarer is doing a great job for you. Can't offer much more help but I'm sure if they even it out over 12 months and it's very close you should be OK.

All the best!

2. Re: Anyone ben accussed of benefit fraud relating to Carers Allowance?

Posted by very worried sarah at Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:29 pm

Hi JAC,
    Bedtime reading done and preliminary figures complete! Although the section above does not detail expenses allowed - any further clues where I could get this info?
    Thanks for for continued support!

Flowerpower thank you for you good wishes, yes if my salary is evened out over the 12 months for 2008 I'm under if they allow expenses! Feb2009-feb2010 I am £1,14 over some weeks and £4.14 others! Very fustrating, I just wish they could see it for what it is and not a criminal act I need prosecuting for! I can't scream loud enough I have made a innocent mistake in not being aware of the facts and happy to pay back overpayment when will they listen!!!!! >:-(

3. Re: Anyone ben accussed of benefit fraud relating to Carers Allowance?

Posted by justanothercarer at Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:21 pm

Your brave for having a go at these volumes. There where so many posts yesterday that you probably overlooked the information in my earlier one yesterday where I said that information on earnings was in Volume 3 chapter 15.

Subsections 15380/15760/15814 contains all the relevant details on allowed deductions from gross salary

A little further checking confirms that you can be certain that your 12 months salary will be calculated as indicated earlier. The fact that you work only 39 weeks (cant remember exact weeks you stated) is irrelevant.

4. Re: Anyone ben accussed of benefit fraud relating to Carers Allowance?

Posted by CC_14923 at Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:06 pm

Hi Sarah

I am going through the same thing although I have not been asked for an interview yet, I know it is coming. I have been to CAB they were nice but unhelpful so I am planning to see a solicitor. I also worked part time term time only but my earnings were way over the £100 per week threshold, I did not even know that this existed, I thought I was a full time carer. I can not sleep I wake up in the night with dread in my stomach and can not function properly throughout the day, I am a single parent my son is also autistic and having to cope with him 24/7 is hard work with all of this worry as well.

I think CA should send a letter to all carers with big writing on the top saying you must not earn over £100 per week, if they had done this then I would have known.

My thoughts are with you and your family x x

5. Re: Anyone ben accussed of benefit fraud relating to Carers Allowance?

Posted by very worried sarah at Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:41 pm

cc my heart goes out to you. It seems there are so many of us that are not aware of the facts. The treatment you get from them for such is life changing - want for a better way of putting it. I have all the same emotions as you, I have been to the dr. as I just couldn't cope anymore. Why the don't send you a letter saying that they have noticed you are earning over the threshold as soon as it happens so that us and them can sort it out without too much hassle god only knows!!! The first I knew anything was wrong was when I got a letter from the fraud dept!!! Thought I was going to die on the spot! I like you genuinely didn't have a clue about this earning limit and for that we are so called criminals!

If you need a shoulder I am here for you, or if you have any questions I'll help you as much as I can. We all need to stick together!

Take care, and I'm thinking of you.

6. Re: Anyone ben accussed of benefit fraud relating to Carers Allowance?

Posted by bwsmum at Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:42 pm

i am going through the same thing, only thing is i called them to tell them and asked for forms as someone was going to take over, didnt get the forms adn now been told being prosecuted, :(

7. Re: Anyone ben accussed of benefit fraud relating to Carers Allowance?

Posted by very worried sarah at Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty!!!! I know exactly how you all feel and again if I can be of any help and support I'm here. We need to stick together and hopefully we'll get through this with each others support. Maybe we should start a petition and send it to the DWP! What did the letter actually say from the DWP? It appears they are sending out different versions of the same thing. Well I'm her bwsmum if you need me.

8. Re: Anyone ben accussed of benefit fraud relating to Carers Allowance?

Posted by maddy1 at Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:05 am

CC and bws. I am also going through this terrible ordeal. Its a long drawn out, agonising process. I hope you will find support from this site - JAC and Sarah have great advice and information.
    bws - have you had a taped interview yet? When you say they had told you, you will be prosecuted., did a letter from DWP actually state this?
    As Sarah mentioned above, it seems that there several different approaches - which I'm not sure is correct. Surely they have to follow the same procedures in all cases.

9. Re: Anyone ben accussed of benefit fraud relating to Carers Allowance?

Posted by maddy1 at Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:14 am

Apologies Kirsty - have just read your thread regarding your situation. Does the letter give you a court hearing date?

10. Re: Anyone ben accussed of benefit fraud relating to Carers Allowance?

Posted by bwsmum at Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:33 am

hi sarah, cc, and maddy,

the only notice i have been given is now a bundle of court papers. i am to attend court on 2nd december. i feel so very lost right now, and i will be honest i have thought of ending things, but i look at my boys and i know i couldnt do that to them, i will be calling the dr in the morning to talk to them and also will try adn find a solicitor.

in the court papers it does not state i am paying the money back already adn have been since 1st june. does not state that i declared the carer money on everything.

i have been offered a new job working just 12 hours a week and even though it wil be something i love doing i now feel i have to turn it down due to this,

people say it is unlikely that it would end in custodial sentence but to be honest as i had not heard for so long i didnt think i would be prosecuted. if i had known they were thinking that way i would not of applied for the job.

kirsty xx

Go to page Previous   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 76  Next

Jump to