1. Jenni

Posted by lambchop at Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:38 pm

Jenni,

Are you allowed to say what agency you work for - it sounds lovely and caring!

2. Re: Jenni

Posted by click at Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:36 pm

Jenni was thinking just the same thing would love to know who you work for I have soon learnt that people in your profession fall into two groups, those who do it because they actually do care (reading your comments I feel confident to say you fall into this group) and the ones who just have a job. You really can tell the difference. Having read one of your previous comments about you and your colleagues all putting in 100% would really like to know. Do understand if your not aloud to say and to avoid sounding ungratefull I am thankful for the help I get and really would not manage withoutit, we get help from various different sources and can say there is good and bad in all, there are exceptions (one agency in particular has been horrendous from start to finish and just makes the whole thing that much more stressful) have met with rep from one today who was great but unfortunatley my trust has been really stretched, so going to take alot to resore. Heres hoping

3. Re: Jenni

Posted by Guest at Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:05 pm

I am proud to say I work for Harmony Home care company,based in Northamptonshire.
    They are a family concern,and my boss was a home carer for 30 years.
    Every Friday I go into the office for my work sheet,and I as the other carers are thanked for the great job they are doing,I am very happy with their services for their clients,or I would not work for them.
    This is not a Add,most of their clients come from word mouth.NICE. :#)

4. Re: Jenni

Posted by Guest at Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:36 pm

The carer I am.

The other day a clients washing machine door fell off,I brought his washing home.
    An elderly lady,yes with a family >:-( only had one tea spoon,and a table spoon to eat with,I took her some more,but a desert spoon of course.My mum measured with a table spoon,or for serving.
    Another gent with MS needed a passport photo for his car sticker application,I took my camera in,and got it done on my computer and printer. Posted.Friends and family kept saying they would get it done for him,and you can guess.
    While a customer is eating I will go through with the hover,now I have heard carers say I am a carer not a cleaner.No not the carers I now work with.
    There's more as you carers will realise,we give and do the best we can.
    Thanks Guys x
    Jenni :-)

5. Re: Jenni

Posted by lambchop at Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:11 pm

That's wonderful Jenni. I wish your agency was in London as well. I wish all agencies were like yours.

You are a very caring, geniunely lovely person.

xx Nilam

6. Re: Jenni

Posted by Guest at Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:12 pm

Thank you Nilam,I do my best. :-)
    Jenni x

7. Re: Jenni

Posted by meg mackenzie at Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:55 pm

Harmony Home Care............the best of care from the best of carers.

Wish they were all like that Jenni. Our homecarers all have the same mantra "I don`t do domestic". All I ask is that they spray round the shower after use to stop it turning pink with the soap scum, and pick up the bathmat from the floor and put it to air instead of it being a trip risk for the rest of the day... perhaps I ask too much!

I can`t even go to dad`s when it suits me on the weekend as the occasional homecarer came one day when I was there and said "If i had known you were here i wouldn`t have bothered coming as you could have seen to your dad". Which bit of (a) dad doesn`t want me attending to him in the shower or (b) you get paid to do it, i just visit did she not understand?

Keep up the good work. My old boss always thanked us at the end of the shift for our input and it is nice to be appreciated isn`t it?

Take care
    Meg

8. Re: Jenni

Posted by suejane at Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:51 am

Hi Jenni. I wish you were here! Son would like you im sure, so would i ! xx :-))

9. Re: Jenni

Posted by Guest at Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:47 pm

No Meg your no asking to much,your just asking them to leave it how they found it,or how they would like to find it themselves ????.
    I love to meet the clients family,and have a chat,and yes some do help,and I have realised now that they would not if I did not do my job right.
    Have a lovely Sunday,I am realy enjoying my weekend of,cleaning ironing,and cooking. :)) .
    Jenni x

10. Re: Jenni

Posted by suejane at Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:38 pm

Hi Jenni. Have a good week. Son is happy playing cricket as much as possible. We dont have any help now,im afraid the support worker didnt work out, but at least i know alittle bit about what is out there now. Best wishes xx :-)

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to