1. Re: carers assessment

Posted by Guest at Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:01 pm

I've just finished a meeting with my sons transition worker got a mountain of paperwork to go through including a carers assessment and guardianship forms will see how I get on.
    Don't know if I've received these forms so early because were in Scotland and 16 is classed as an adult though.

2. Re: carers assessment

Posted by Kaz29 at Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:43 pm

we have had a carers assessament and according to our social work (we live in cumbernauld) they says we are not geting anymore services to help with our 2 children who has a 9q34.3 deletion syndrome now known as kleefstra syndrome. this is basically causing there developmental delay. so its a case of get on with it. both boys each are getting sense scotland 4 hours each and that is all we have which is better than nothing, we have to use them to get time off, now there looking at what benefits the kids what about the people that look after them 24/7 when these people only have them for 4 hours a session.

3. Re: carers assessment

Posted by Chelwest at Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:12 pm

The Carers (Equal Opportunities Act) 2004 also places a duty on local authorities to inform carers of their right to an assessment.

Go to page Previous   1, 2

Jump to