1. badly depressed

Posted by jaye2080 at Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:27 pm

Hi all,
    I thought i should let you all know that i am still around and do read all your posts and thinking of you all, but since my grandaughters last tumour scare i have fallen into bad depression, it's probably been one shock too many. Normally i can bounce back from these shocks but this time it's taking every ounce of strength i have to fight back.
    My husband seems to be getting worse these past few weeks, but i don't know if it's really him getting worse or just me not being able to cope so well. I'm having doubts about my ability to cope and care for him right now.

jaye

2. Re: badly depressed

Posted by Jennifer 1 at Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:45 pm

It is understandable love,you have been hit with so much lately,and no it does not do a carer much good,as they are very much on the edge already.You have been given a knock back love,and now you have got to give yourself a little time to pull back.Try and get a little me time,lye on the bed for an hour or two in the afternoon,or sit quietly and read a book,I hope this is possible in your situation.
    Take care love. x :)

3. Re: badly depressed

Posted by swissmiss at Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:32 pm

It isnt surprising..you just came back from that amazing holiday you had Jaye and then were hit with it...your body doesnt know how to react. I am wiped out just now...collapsed 3 weeks ago and under tests as they cant find whats wrong..had a heart monitor on for 3 days as I keep feeling dizzy and fainting and cant walk more than 10 paces without chest pains and panic attacks but I honestly think its stress and one too many jolts to my heart. The ECGS and scans and my blood pressure are fine so its baffling but then I heard yesterday on This Morning someone talking about broken heart syndrome which basically when your heart has been pumped full of stress hormones for too long and it ballons and stops working properly. That or adrenal burnout?? Strangely after Ali had a major meltdown this morning...I agree that when we stop coping so well they become worse as hes been really good lately ...just as I needed to get to the hospital to drop the heart monitor back and have enough blood taken to drain my arm and I rang SS in desperation [no help still so no change there!] and then as I tried to finally get us out of the door the hospital ringing and trying to throw their own crazy inadequacy onto me about discharging Mum back to her care home[ neither SW nor staff nurse could cope with the process of phoning her care home who have already been in to assess her for returning!] I finally stopped containing the pressure and let rip ... I told them what I think of them...much better than absorbing it ! Stopped short of telling them they are a bunch of monkeys [think thats one of Dad's expressions! ] Now I feel much better..my head which was fogged has cleared and I am back functioning so maybe what I needed was a blast to restart myself???? LOL
    At least your grandaughter is well but I know your own home situation is unbelievably hard. What we need is someone to care and some pampering. Are you able to still get a few hours out???
    Take care
    Karen xx :)

4. Re: badly depressed

Posted by doug_9144 at Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:08 pm

hi jaye i'm so sorry you are getting that way
    i know where you are coming from i have to see
    a shrink later on and have wires attached to my
    head doc at hospital reckons i might have been having
    siezures hope you get better soon
    doug xxx

5. Re: badly depressed

Posted by swissmiss at Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:55 pm