1. I had a TIA yesterday....

Posted by swissmiss at Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:39 pm

Yesterday when I was out with my boys I started with the right side of my face twitching and gradually a numbness which then spread down my right arm and I felt sick and dizzy......ended up in an ambulance with Angus and Ali following in our car. It lasted for about 5 hours...not as severe as can be but very worrying. Tomorrow I am going to the follow up clinic..I rang at lunchtime to see that A&E had passed the referral over and am glad I did cos they hadnt!!
    I looked at my emails this morning and there was a reply from the SS woman who came to see me last week. Respite on offer at the council place ...was £170 a night but they want £300 a night now because they have cut staff and would have to engage agency night staff for Ali! No apology or explanation. The HUB day service which we had to abandon because they said they wouldnt stop him hitting himself if he went they said they had done a risk assessment which is rubbish because they havent and that they would use restraint if necessary..its too late now because all their messing around upset Ali. Angus and I visited on our own to assess before we took him to look so that he wouldnt be messed around and then we went with Ali and had a good visit...was all set up to start and they backtracked on promises so now its impossible to get him to want to go...he refuses...and they have officially changed their minds which makes it look as though we are refusing and being difficult! All mind games.
    Ena was right...why did I bother. They want to destroy my self esteem, take away my sanity and make me prostitute myself to them for help...seem to remember the Nazis used these tactics didnt they???
    I will die before I deal with SS because if I do I will definitely fall apart. Anyway Ali now refuses to have anything to do with SS. It was a struggle to persuade him last year given that his Dad said he desperately needed respite and we never got it. Now hes definitely had his fill of them as have Angus and myself.
    I will start the A-Z of words to describe SS......AMORAL!
    Now to take my Holy Basil and not get worked up!
    Karen x

2. Re: I had a TIA yesterday....

Posted by Online support team at Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:07 pm

Hi Karen,

We're so very sorry to hear about what happened yesterday. How are you today? How did things go at the clinic?

We're thinking of you Karen, and we hope you will at least be able to get intervals of rest over the weekend.

Online support team,
    Carers.org

3. Re: I had a TIA yesterday....

Posted by suejane at Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:49 pm

Karen i just saw this message Can we help at all? Hugs from jane in Cardiff xxxxx How are you now?

4. Re: I had a TIA yesterday....

Posted by swissmiss at Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:08 pm

Hi
    The NHS have performed pretty well. I was seen at the clinic quickly and the unit in Southend is highly rated. 5 hours though! I couldnt do the MRI because their machine has a cage they lock your head in but had another ECG, ultrasound on my neck arteries and CT. There was nothing showing on the CT and some inflamation on one side of my neck but not the side which would have caused the TIA as its the opposite side to the side you feel the stroke which affects it! Have to have most of my blood taken it seems for all the blood tests I have to have but at least I will be well investigated! Need to stay calm which means not approaching SS again! I cant drive for a month but fortunately Angus can drive. I made the mistake of phoning SS yesterday and they really wound me up so best left I think. At least Angus has some margins to shave off his gaming time to help me out! LOL Lots of deep breathing, drink lots of water and see my nutritionist again I think. Then see what happens with my cholesterol.
    Karen x :)

5. Re: I had a TIA yesterday....

Posted by maybe at Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:27 am

Hi Karen. So pleased you're doing OK so far and from the little I know about TIA's you're doing well. Take care. Anne

6. Re: I had a TIA yesterday....

Posted by swissmiss at Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:21 pm

Hi
    I've still got numbness in my right arm and now the leg. I panicked last night and dialled 999..two lovely paramedics came and tested me and all seemed OK. I feel really anxious but I dont know if its down to anxiety or it is making me anxious? I feel sick and am not coping with the isolation which i thought I had got used to. Dont know what to do?
    Karen x

7. Re: I had a TIA yesterday....

Posted by jaye2080 at Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:30 pm

hi karen,
    sorry to hear that you're not feeling so good. hope you feel better soon.
    Take care of you.
    jaye

8. Re: I had a TIA yesterday....

Posted by swissmiss at Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:59 pm

They said they think I had a TIA but the numbness comes and goes in strength with my anxiety so now I am wondering if its neuropathy caused by my anxiety?? There wasnt any thing on the scans to show a TIA..it was just the symptoms they went by.
    Karen x

9. Re: I had a TIA yesterday....

Posted by ena1 at Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:24 am

Is it any wonder when we're all under this sort of stress? I'm on life long heart meds & looking back I'm sure it wouldn't have been nearly as bad without all the anxiety, a lot of it caused by 'professionals'; the very people that are meant to be helping us. The answer? I haven't got a clue. Yoga & relaxation, self help group? Sorry can't get there I'm a carer. Had a drs appointment the other day, saw another new doctor (it's a teaching practice) suggested anti-depressants (can't take them I've got a heart problem), counselling (wait months & like I said I've got a caree) the dreaded LD team (let's not go there again) Feel like I'm stuck in the same revolving door that's been going round for years.

Of course all this is having an effect on my son, I'm having trouble getting him out of the house at the moment, going out in the car was the one thing that kept me sane. My other son disappeared into thin air & won't even respond to emails or voice mails. Looking back I can see why he wanted out of all this. I know I've gone all through this before, must sound like a record with the needle stuck.

So, I'm hardly in a position to offer advice to anybody else, it's just a matter of getting through 5 minutes at a time.

Wish I could be more helpful to somebody.

10. Re: I had a TIA yesterday....

Posted by jaye2080 at Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:59 am

Hi Karen,
    I seem to remember that a while back we had a chat session about strokes and TIA, perhaps it's still in the archives, could be worth a look.

Ena, you do what we all need - you listen and support. From my own experiences thats a whole lot more than many people do.

jaye

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to