1. An "upset" dillema. Any ideas anyone?

Posted by suejane at Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:31 am

As you know i care for 21 year old son who has dyspraxia with learning difficulties, and with it comes partial deafness and anxiety disorder.I like many other carers have health problems and no one to help us at home. Sunday night big flare up with son. Hubbie, sensitive batchelor before he met me and son moved in 6 years ago. Academic,big family son not wanted by them.Hubbie finally said that when im upset he gets upset too. If you care for someone eg hubbie son etc wife sister, friend, you wouldnt wish to see them upset by something you have done would you? How do you get round this?Do you eg just tell them the good things, the quiet peaceful things? Or do you share most things and hope they will understand and if they care for you hope they would do the same? Have a good day everyone- im confused. Hugs xxxx :?

2. Re: An "upset" dillema. Any ideas anyone?

Posted by swissmiss at Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:14 pm

HI Jane
    I think this sounds very much like my husband was. He said that he needed me to cope or he couldnt cope which in turn put pressure on me not to put pressure on him by not coping! I tried...very hard...especially all through 2006/07 when I was well aware how badly he was struggling and to my own health detriment but it made no difference in the end. What is your hubbie saying? Is he saying that he doesnt want you to get upset or not cope? If only life was that easy! Or is he trying to show you he cares?
    Karen :)

3. Re: An "upset" dillema. Any ideas anyone?

Posted by suejane at Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:00 pm

Hi Karen i have sent a reply to you on one of your posts xxx
Jump to