1. Advice needed

Posted by AndyJH at Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:04 pm

I've not been around for a while as Iv'e been bogged down with my caring commitments.
    It was all going reasonably well until earlier today when I went to pay may Landlord my rent he gave me some possibly very bad news.

I was aware that my local council was going to cut housing benifit for new claiments but not aware that they were cutting all down to shared rate of I think £60 a week.

The situation is the following

I live very close by the person I care for and who is a reletive of mine but for reasons it is unfeasable for me to live there. I only get a total of £105 a week and allready pay £30 a month
    extra for rent and I was hoping as the housing benifit pays 13 payments to get it back at the end of year. It seems now it that I could be forced two pay £50 a week extra and allthough my landlord is great and is 100% on my side I really dont know what to do. It could be me over reacting a bit as there could mean an exption for carers but I really dont know.

I'm involvoled with my Local Pricess Trust for Carers and as soon as they open on tuesday I plan to go there, maybe if the worst comes to the worse they could possibly be an advocate.

Until then I dont know what to do, if anyone has some infomation I would be so very grateful it would make me rest a bit better as I feel so down not knowing.

2. Re: Advice needed

Posted by swissmiss at Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:13 pm

I dont have any answers Andy but have you contacted CAB?? They ahve helped me a lot int he past with all the benefits and rights issues. :-)

3. Re: Advice needed

Posted by AndyJH at Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:22 pm

I'm not going to worry about it all I can do Is find out when places open from tommorrow onwards

4. Re: Advice needed

Posted by webquest at Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:14 pm

Hi Andy, perhaps welfare rights may be able to help? Good luck

Sherrie :D
Jump to