1. Saying hello

Posted by debs40 at Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:56 pm

I'm a family carer and thought I'd say hi. It's a hard job - but one that we do willing because we love the person we're caring for. I wouldn't have it any other way, in fact, but I'd like any advice you have on getting a little help.

Open to suggestions. :)

2. Re: Saying hello

Posted by margo54 at Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:15 pm

Do you get a break from the person you are caring for and if you do not maybe you could apply..
    Does the person you care for go to a day centre.. :)

3. Re: Saying hello

Posted by jaye2080 at Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:35 pm

Hi debs,
    Welcome to the site.

What help is available depends on so many factors. The age and illness/disability of the person you care for, if you have DLA etc.
    And, i'm sorry to point this out, a lot depends on how loud you are willing to shout for help, and for how long, and even then there is no guarantee that anybody will listen. Sadly help and support are not quite so readily available as non carer members of the public would like to believe!

My greatest help has been to find this site. When I've hit a bad patch, which we all do from time to time, it's been the lovely people on here that have helped more than anybody else.

Unfortunately without knowing a bit more about your circumstances I can't be of more help.
    Jaye
Jump to