1. Email I just sent to the manager of the CTPLD[community team for people with learning disabilities]

Posted by swissmiss at Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:21 pm

I appreciate that my detailed needs are not necessarily the level at which you might normally operate. What I need is someone who can coordinate services across the board and who is able to support me ...most of the time I am exhausted and find that if I allow myself to do nothing but care and then try and fight for services I start to wish I wasnt here at all. Can you please show me a way of living with Ali, not forgettting his older brother Angus who has Aspergers and who just exists without hardly any focus on him because Ali's needs are so consuming, which is healthy and sustainable and which meets all our human needs and rights. Is that too much to ask? It feels as though there are people being paid to provide services both in Social and Health who spend a lot of time assessing and box ticking without ever dynamically following through. At times SS [a carers shorthand for Social Services] seems to stand more for "Screw your mind and Stamp on you when you are down". Basically I am asking for your help to make our life work. Please.
    Karen

2. Re: Email I just sent to the manager of the CTPLD[community team for people with learning disabilities]

Posted by frazer d at Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:14 am

One person to co ordinate services rather than all the separate assessments and separate follow ups I agree that would be best,I feel A lot of professionals refer and forget, ie water down the care,.Hopefully you Email will help them to take ownership of care and change attitudes , Frazerd

3. Re: Email I just sent to the manager of the CTPLD[community team for people with learning disabilities]

Posted by swissmiss at Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:54 pm

Reply:
    "Given my role it is not possible for me to co-ordinate arrangements for Alistair and yourself. Maggie [Ali's SW] and I are both available to offer support however it will be Maggie that will be the ongoing allocated worker. I will ask Maggie to contact you to arrange a review to discuss what changes are needed to the care plan and to try and establish arrangements for suitable respite."
    Does anyone have any experience of a person in some role being allocated or able to coordinate services as Maggie doesnt offer this?
    Karen

4. Re: Email I just sent to the manager of the CTPLD[community team for people with learning disabilities]

Posted by swissmiss at Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:24 pm

I asked him if he could tell me who could coordinate services and he has decided to meet with me and Ali's SW himself! Just got to work out what I can get out of this?
    Karen x
Jump to