1. hi there

Posted by andy_beepbeep at Sun May 20, 2012 3:10 pm

just been told about this site so thought i would give it a go, not even sure if this is in the right section lol
    was told about this site because sometimes finding things quite hard and maybe talking to people who know what im going through on here would help?
    well may aswell introduce myself. im andy im 22 and i stay just outside glasgow
    im a carer for my mum not really sure what else to say lol
    so hi everybody

2. Re: hi there

Posted by Jennifer 1 at Sun May 20, 2012 4:11 pm

Hello Andy,a warm welcome to you.You have made the first move.
    I see you have been caring for your Mum for 4/5 years,do you have help within the family,or support from others.
    Hope you will find the site helpfull,and I am sure your going to meet some nice Guys on here.
    Jenni x :)

3. Re: hi there

Posted by andy_beepbeep at Sun May 20, 2012 4:20 pm

thanks for the reply :)

nah its just me and my mum, its not too bad most of the time just there is times its been gettin me down and i find it difficult which i have been the past month or so.

4. Re: hi there

Posted by CrystalBlueWolf at Sun May 20, 2012 5:49 pm

Hey Andy :) welcome to the site. I used to look after my mom who had cancer when i was younger, but now i care for my husband whose disabled (bit if a mix me lol). Hope you find everything ok on the site and you settle in ok :) take care bab xx

5. Re: hi there

Posted by BigMac at Sun May 20, 2012 9:55 pm

Hi Andy,
    Hello and welcome :)
    I'm quite new to the site too, (I'm from Glasgow :) ) and everyones been lovely.
    I'm so glad I found the site, it's good just to talk to people who understand how you feel, makes it feel less lonely.
    I hope it helps you too.
    Sharon

6. Re: hi there

Posted by andy_beepbeep at Sun May 20, 2012 10:36 pm

thanks for the replies again :)

had a good welcome so far :) wasnt sure about signing up on here, but thought what the hell whats the worst that could happen :)
    yeah your right sharon it does get quite lonely, get stuck in the house quite alot because of it. hopefully talking on here will help me out a bit too :) good to see fellow glaswegian on too :) lol

7. Re: hi there

Posted by suejane at Mon May 21, 2012 4:30 am

Hi Andy im jane and i live with my hubbie and disabled son in Cardiff. Welcome to the site, which is a great place. xxx :)

8. Re: hi there

Posted by Online support team at Mon May 21, 2012 3:17 pm

Hi Andy,

Welcome to Carers.org - we think you'll find the carers here very welcoming and friendly!

We noticed your age and thought we'd just post a quick message to let you know that every Wednesday, between 8 and 9pm, there's a webchat where quite a few young adult carers (aged 18-25) meet up to chat. You'll also find one of us there too, along with carers of all ages, so we really hope you'll pop along to the chatroom to meet some of us :)

Claudia, Ewan, Sam and Susannah
    Online Support Team

9. Re: hi there

Posted by andy_beepbeep at Mon May 21, 2012 5:30 pm

thanks for that :) il pop in the chatroom on wednesday and have a wee look :)
Jump to