1. Hubbie has given up on son

Posted by suejane at Sat May 05, 2012 11:23 am

Son has lived with me and hubbie of 12 years for the past 5 years. My hubbie has now given up on him because son is very bad at saying please and thankyou to my hubbie , something he feels is very important. Son aged 20 has dyspraxia with learning difficulties, partially deaf and anxiety disorder. I think my son does say please and thankyu to him sometimes, i have heard him quietly say it. Son lived a very difficult life with his dad from aged 7 to 15 years and im not sure what was taught to him, im starting again. Hubbie tells us his family are not interested in us and we ought to find a new one in the world of disablity or wherever we can find acceptance.This is all very sad stuff. Is it usual these days? hugs xx They are a landowning wealthy and very well known influential family in the county where most of them live.

2. Re: Hubbie has given up on son

Posted by swissmiss at Sat May 05, 2012 11:34 am

HI Jane
    Am feeling really down myself today. Angus has gone off to do a 3 week computer course at college..hardware installation...went on bus in rain like 11 year old going to secondary school for first time but he will be 25 in July. I dont feel like we fit in society but cant work out where we fit either.Sat here having eaten a whole bar of chocolate and drunk two large brandies..wondering where to go, where to live, what to do???? Doesnt feel like we will ever fit or be accepted or have friends. Autism...what a bloody isolating condition..not because you have it but because people dont want you. What does your husband mean??? You and Cian go off and fidn a life for yourselves without him???? If so please dont feel it is your fault. All I can say is that through contact with our family who have passed over they all apologise for not understanding or being caring and supportive while they were here..just a bloody shame they couldnt have and tnta those left behind cant be??? I have shouted at Neil today...why couldnt he see how much we loved him??? How could he have taken himself off leaving us behind. Talk about truly giving up on those you should love and who love you??? Does your love mean nothing to your husband Jane?
    Big hugs and loads of love from mexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :-)

3. Re: Hubbie has given up on son

Posted by gaygal14 at Sat May 05, 2012 1:23 pm

Jane and Karen,, wish I could make things better for you, maybe wave a majic wand and all will be well with you both, but I dont have the fairy godmother's spell I'm afraid, but I can listen to you and offer what help and support or advice I can,, you dont need fairy godmother skills for that,, (((((((hugs and Luvs to you both)))))))) Maggie xxxx :

4. Re: Hubbie has given up on son

Posted by gaygal14 at Sat May 05, 2012 1:25 pm

Sorry spelt magic wrong,I must be having a senior moment,, :D:D

5. Re: Hubbie has given up on son

Posted by suejane at Sat May 05, 2012 3:18 pm

Hi swissmiss hi maggie hugsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx At least we have friends here who understand us. Iv tried my best. Son certaily isnt perfect, and he doesnt always say please and thankyou. Now hes stopped speaking to hubbie at all in case he gets it wrong.Iv heard hubbies family have been making trouble for some friends of mine so im glad they arent interested in us we dont want to be tarred with the same brush. Swissmiss what can i do to help, do you want to phone me or shall i just keep posting here for some one for you to have a rant at. Maggie thanks for your continuing friendship and how are you both today?
    Enjoy the sun if you can we actually have some today. Im here for both of you xxxx

6. Re: Hubbie has given up on son

Posted by swissmiss at Sat May 05, 2012 5:02 pm

Was I ranting???? Well thank-you for listening!!! If there was an answer I guess I would have found it by now...as would you Jane????
    Angus had a successful morning. The bus journey went to plan and he enjoyed the first session and now is fired up to see if he can do the level3 Diploma which he couldnt do in 1986 because Boston College said they couldnt/wouldnt support him after the horrendous bullying he received on the level2..which he had to finish at home with home tutorage because they werent prepared to tackle the bullies for him.
    Ali is a sweetie..laughing and smiling and I love him so much. Can't understand how their Dad got so bad that he chose not to carry on living and loving me and them????
    (((HUGS))))
    Karen xx

7. Re: Hubbie has given up on son

Posted by swissmiss at Sat May 05, 2012 11:44 pm

Sorry...senior moment here too at only 54!!! For 1986 read 2006! :-)

8. Re: Hubbie has given up on son

Posted by gaygal14 at Sun May 06, 2012 10:09 am

Hi Jane Hi Karen,,have just been catching up with your post, if you both want to rant on you just do it, you are both good mothers to your children, and you both do a good job in bringing them up, dont worry what your families say,, at least you can hold your heads up high, heres hugs for you both ((((((((HUGGGSSSS)))))))) love Maggie xx

9. Re: Hubbie has given up on son

Posted by swissmiss at Sun May 06, 2012 11:07 pm

Thanks Maggie...I do feel so pathetic at times but being alone is so frightening and lonely. Bank holidays are the worst and we still have that mega jubilee one to get through!!!! Seem to cope by hibernating with comfort food ..especially when the weather is this grey as well. Not good for the diet or nutritionist plan I am supposed to be voluntarily following to make myself feel better but sometimes I am so pathetic that I cannot even cope with cooking proper meals!! :roll:

10. Re: Hubbie has given up on son

Posted by suejane at Mon May 07, 2012 8:52 am

:) Bless you maggie. As you can see the problems never stop even on Bank Holidays.We will try to something relaxing today, son is feeling very low at the moment .Have a good day wont you, its raining hard here so its cinema or shopping today with anice dvd to end the day hugs xxx
Jump to