1. Fed up

Posted by Kat_C at Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:56 pm

I don't know how much longer I can go on living the way things are at the moment. Things have got worse at home, on top of my dad being ill the reason i care for him he is drinking excessivly.
    at present i have no coping strategies, i have been in contact with my local sheltered housing with no luck. i feel so alone, friends are too busy to see me. i have got my 1st councelling next week, but what good is that going to do to my situation. i have no hope for anything at present. i had bought myself some drink this weekend 1st time in a long time ive been able to afford it, and have had a couple today but im not over doing it coz of the meds im on.
    I dont know what to do anymore HELP

2. Re: Fed up

Posted by Online support team at Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:12 pm

Hi Kat,

We're sorry to hear that things have taken a turn for the worst at home again Kat, and we're not surprised that you feel overwhelmed, after what you've been through in the last few months. It must have been so disappointing when the supported housing option fell through.

You mentioned feeling as though you've run out of coping strategies; please check your email as we've sent you a few suggestions of what you can try to make your days easier while you wait for things to be sorted.

Please take care today Kat,
    Online support team.

3. Re: Fed up

Posted by mama pud at Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:08 pm

Hello Kat,

I am so sorry to hear that you are in this situation and wish I could give you a big hug and take care of you.

I know what you mean about the counselling - will it change anything? - but that is just the first thought. The long term view for this would (for me), be to get as many people on side and behind you as possible, who can all have some input into your housing situation - the more that can write letters and have contacts, the better. I would start with a list of people that can help you, like maybe the counsellor, your own doctor, your mp., etc.

The counsellor may not be able to help directly but I bet he/she would know people that could, or give you a starting point.

Also what about asking for another carer's assessment too if you haven't had one recently.

Keep talking on here too - we are here for you xxxxxxx Big hugs from me.

4. Re: Fed up

Posted by Kat_C at Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:27 pm

Hi mamma pud i had a carers assessment not that long ago, but theres only so much my support worker can do. they've got a lot of younger than myself on the books, and now wid it being easter she wont be in the office as much as they are doing lots of trips for the younger than me carers. i think im being a bit fussy about the area of cumbria i want to live as there aren't any flats in the area i want to live on the website i use to bid, in an area where i dont no many people.

5. Re: Fed up

Posted by swissmiss at Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:21 pm

Hi Kat
    Sorry to hear things are getting worse for you but sooner or later the housing will resolve itself. I am struggling to find a house just now where I want to be but then I wonder if I am being directed somewhere else? Doesnt help but perhaps a way of looking at it.I am frightened of going where I know noone but perhaps it will be better..if I can just work out where!!!???LOL
    Where in Cumbria do you want to be?
    Do you get any respite? If not and you are at your wits end you must make a stand. Even if you feel your father wont accept it he will have no choice if you cant carry on...we are not robots!!
    As for the couselling it wont change your situation but it might give you a fresh slant or the strength to make it happen and if nothing else it is somewhere to go and someone to talk to which helps.
    Hope you feel stronger soon.
    Karen xx

6. Re: Fed up

Posted by swissmiss at Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:24 pm

I emailed my SW's manager not long ago...emailed her as well so she knew what i was doing...said that unless I got some help soon they would have to take over the caring which at least got me some emergency respite and a promise of ongoing respite..if they had any respite services which they dont but at least the emergency respite helped us all recharge and face the next 20 years!!! he he.x

7. Re: Fed up

Posted by Kat_C at Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:23 pm

i want to live in carlisle, more chance of getting a job in wat i want to do. i currently live 16 miles away and dont drive so rely on public transport.
    my friend got me out for a couple of hours i got to find he'd stolen a can of my pop, it wudn't have bothered me if he asked, its just he nevers asks to have any of my things he just takes and thats wat really annoys me. i cant wait to get out my stuff will be lasting, then he expects me to ring people up for him wid my phone that i pay the bill for. moan over for today lol

8. Re: Fed up

Posted by swissmiss at Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:24 pm

HI Kat
    Carlisle is a nice place. I heard recently that it is one of the happiest places in the UK to live so probably worth holding out for. I know my sister-in-law's adopted daughter is currently trying to get a place there..she is in Kendal now...and it is taking some time. Hope it works out for you very soon.
    Karen x

9. Re: Fed up

Posted by Kat_C at Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:15 pm

a lad i really like lives there and i've gt some friends there aswell from mcvities were i used to work. it does have its down side as most places do and there are certain areas i wouldnt like to live in due to crime and drugs ect. i currently live in abbeytown and in my opinion its a dive full of people that take drugs, i try nt to talk to people here as they're nt my cup of tea lol. ive never liked living here been her 16 years now.
    Kat

10. Re: Fed up

Posted by suejane at Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:28 pm

Hello sweetheart i wish i could take care of you myself! Hang in there Kat and i hope things get better soon. What can i do to help you? Is there anything. Phone me if you want too xx

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to