Those who have dropped into the recent web chats with Liz (Chief Exec of PRTC) and Anne (CEO of Crossroads Care) will know that the two organisations are merging very soon - on 1st April we become 'Carers Trust'.
This is a heads up on how our website is also going to be changing soon...
What will be different:
1. The design will change to reflect the new brand, name and colours – especially the home page, but all pages will look different in design.
2. The section called 'Find your local centre' will change, so that the map includes a list of all our centres plus all Crossroads Schemes. You'll be able to search for all of these on the same map.
3. The details of all Crossroads schemes will be listed on our site
4. About us - info about our work and vision will be updated. Some content will be moved over from Crossroads.
What will not change:
1. We're keeping the same address http://www.carers.org (if you've bookmarked any pages, no need to update these).
2. We're keeping the same top navigation and main sections - the links at the top of the page will not change, so should be easy to find your way around the site.
3. The way the discussion boards and chatroom work will not change - apart from hopefully gaining some new members.
4. You'll still be able to reach our Online Support team, Ewan, Sam, Claudia and Susannah via email@example.com
When will it happen:
The website changes will go live the week starting 19th April.
In the meantime you'll see more info and news about the merger appearing - especially on the 1st April when we officially become one.
What about Facebook and Twitter?
@carerstweets will stay as our address on Twitter.
1. From 1st April we will have a new Facebook page for Carers Trust (facebook.com/carerstrust). Facebook do not allow the name of a page to be changed, once you have over 100 fans.
2. We will also keep the existing page for The Princess Royal Trust for Carers (facebook.com/carers), as in Scotland we will still be known as The Princess Royal trust for Carers. From the 1st April this will be the page for those based in Scotland, or interested in the latest Scottish news / discussions.
Phew! - hope that gives you a good picture, but let us know any questions.. or even if you don't like surprises and want a sneak peek of new design, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'll do our best to keep you updated on merger news as it happens!
Best wishes, Michele